James Dickey is the newly elected Chairman of the Travis County Republican Party (TCRP). In that role he is responsible for managing the Republican primary elections and for helping more Republicans get elected to office in Travis county.
James has maintained a flurry of political activity over the past several years. He currently serves as the President of the Central Texas Republican Assembly and Vice President (Central Region) of the National Federation of Republican Assemblies, won a contested precinct chair race in Bee Cave in 2012, was elected an Alternate Delegate to the Republican National Conventions in 2008 and 2012, and was elected as a Delegate or Alternate Delegate to the Republican Party of Texas state conventions in 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014.
For the past five years James has served as Chief Operating Officer of iMGA, an Austin-based insurance startup, where he is responsible for marketing, sales and systems. James earned his bachelor¹s degrees in Political Science and English from Stanford University and his Masters in Business Administration from Baylor University. He and his wife have been married for 25 years and have three children.
James has been a member of the Austin Republican Club since 2010.
- Previous Speakers
- Ken Paxton
- Upcoming Speakers
- Richard Trabulsi of Texans for Lawsuit Reform
- Chuck DeVore
- James Dickey
- Roger Williams
- George P. Bush, Texas Land Commissioner
- Gary Teal, TCRP Executive Director
- Tracey Carroll, TCRP Deputy Executive Director
- Paul D. Workman, State Representative
- Matt Mackowiak, President of Potomac Strategy Group
- Jay Wiley, 7th generation Texan, a constitutional conservative, and a small businessman.
- Gerald Daugherty
- James Dickey on 2017