Justice David Puryear
Justice David Puryear is a 62 year-old fifth-generation Texan and senior justice on the Texas third Court of Appeals. Central Texans elected Justice Puryear to the Third Court of Appeals in 2000, and re-elected him in 2006 and 2012. This makes him the senior and longest serving justice on the Third Court, as well as one of the longest serving appellate judges in the state of Texas. During this time, he has issued well over 2,500 written opinions.
Justice Puryear ranked 1st in total opinion production among all Texas appellate court justices in both 20l5 and 20l6 according to the Texas Office of Court administration which compiles state court data. Justice Puryear also serves on the Texas multi-district litigation panel, by appointment of the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court.
Justice Puryear, a fifth-generation Texan, is a proven conservative who understands that judges should interpret and apply the law, not legislate from the bench. Puryear is ?rmly committed to the rule of law and his decisions are guided by law and fact, rather than by personal opinion or policy considerations. Justice Puryear holds a strong belief in the principles of limited government, personal responsibility and protection of individual liberties.
- Previous Speakers
- Ken Paxton
- Upcoming Speakers
- Richard Trabulsi of Texans for Lawsuit Reform
- Chuck DeVore
- James Dickey
- Roger Williams
- George P. Bush, Texas Land Commissioner
- Gary Teal, TCRP Executive Director
- Tracey Carroll, TCRP Deputy Executive Director
- Paul D. Workman, State Representative
- Matt Mackowiak, President of Potomac Strategy Group
- Jay Wiley, 7th generation Texan, a constitutional conservative, and a small businessman.
- Gerald Daugherty
- James Dickey on 2017
- Donna García Davidson
- Jennifer Freel
- Justice David Puryear
- John Daniel Davidson
- Jason Isaac
- Bill Flores
- Paul D. Workman & Michael McCaul
- James Dickey 2018
- Robert Henneke
- Jamie McWright & Hector De Leon
- Brandon Waltens
- Eric Opiela
- Dr.Laura Pressley
- Brian Ruddle